Deciding what newborn session option is right for you and baby!
Like most parents know, having a baby is full of decisions and choosing your newborn photography is one of the fun choices! I have put together this guide to help you decide what type of newborn session is best for your family; life style or studio.
Here are a few things to consider before making your decision. There is no wrong answer, so try not to stress too much!
There are some significant differences between to two newborn session types. I have listed them out for you so you can see what those differences are and decide which might fit your photography needs best.
You may want a LifeStyle session if:
- Baby is between 2 weeks and 3 months old.
- Baby’s birth weight was greater than 8 and a half pounds.
- Your home has neutral, light-colored walls and plenty of natural light.
- You want to use your home to help tell your little one’s story.
- A shorter session (60-90 minutes) fits best into your schedule.
You may want a Studio session if:
- Baby isn’t born yet. This session will need to take place when baby is 5-10 days old.
- You want an editorial documentation style of baby’s features.
- You prefer more styled images that look like works of art.
- Coming to a studio is preferable for you.
- You want to have baby posed and styled using props.
I hope that I have provided you with some helpful information so you can make the right choice. However, you don’t have to decide when you book! Things change and when it comes to a baby, patience and flexibility is key. It is best to book your session between 2-3 months before your due date. Once your booked, I will block out time for you after your due date.
I will check in with you starting around 38 weeks to see how everything is going! Labor and delivery is super unpredictable, so we will stay in touch and get a date and time nailed down as soon as your sweet baby is born. I only accept one client per due date week, this ensures that you get flexibility in choosing your session time!
Ready to book or want to chat more about your options? Send me a note here!
For newborn inspiration and to get some ideas check out my Pinterest board here!