Choosing your engagement session style is not as difficult a decision as, let’s say floral details for the reception.
With all the wedding planning taking place, your engagement session may not be at the forefront of your mind. Right?! Here are a few reasons why it is super important to make the most out of this session.
· It will prep you for your big day. Most wedding photographers will agree that the engagement session is a vital part of any wedding day. We spend this time getting to know our couples. As a husband wife team it is so important to us that when we show up on your big day, we are friends. You are comfortable with us and in front of our cameras.
· You will learn all you need to know. Your engagement session is the pre-game warm up for your big day. We will work with you and teach you all the poses that you both will need to know. This is how we can ensure that on your big day, your portrait time will be effortless. You two will be pros! All of those engagement session memories will come flooding back and make our time seamless and fun.
There are two types of sessions that we offer, lifestyle and traditional. So, which style of engagement session is right for you? We love both styles and encourage you to choose the one that fits your couple personality best.
Why choose a lifestyle? A lifestyle session is best for those who want to incorporate their home into their story. We will spend most of our time together getting more candid shots of the two of you in a romantic and fun way. We want you to keep in mind that if you choose this style session we will also be using a second location and this session will require an additional hour of time. Why? We truly believe that the traditional session is the best sway to prep you for your big day and we need to make sure that we are setting you two up for success when your wedding day arrives.
Traditional Engagement Session
Why is a traditional session so important? A traditional engagement session is typically about 2 hours long and will/can take place in two locations with outfit changes. We use this time to get the groom in love with getting his picture taken because let’s face it, guys don’t typically love being in front of the camera. We will be teaching him how to get all those romantic poses down and get him to shake off any nerves. Most couples have never had professional portraits taken of the two of them. It can feel awkward at first, that’s totally normal, but our goal going into each E-session is to get both of you used to the way we pose, direct and for you to get to know us.
It’s all about you!
Our number one priority is you! You’re the star of the show and we are here to highlight that and document the love between the two of you. Wedding days are fast paced, and our time with you two is going to be limited. We want to maximize every minute and ensuring that you guys are comfortable in front of our cameras, is the best way to do that. Fun fact: Couples have a 30% larger wedding day gallery when we have successful engagement sessions.
So, which ever session you decide is best, we will be prepping you for your wedding day, getting to know you guys and having fun in the process. Once the engagement session is finished, you will have a beautiful gallery of images to share on social media, print canvases for parent gifts or order your save the date cards.
A few additional tips about your engagement session:
- Have your engagement ring cleaned the week of your session.
- Skip bright nail polish. Neutral colors photograph best.
- Bring 3-5 outfits, we will use 2 but it’s nice to have options.
- Get your hair and makeup professionally done.
- Read our Engagement Session Prep post.
Check out these Pinterest mood boards for session inspiration:
[…] Need some advise on which type of engagement session is best for you? I break it down here in this post. […]
1 Comment on Which Type of Engagement Session is Right for You?